The second Atta Media Awards will celebrate journalism excellence covering African destinations and African subjects. We intend to recognise creative and inspiring content that fits one of the award categories.
Articles should entertain and educate readers on subjects such as the geography, flora, fauna and the culture of this great continent encouraging interest that will benefit the association’s members, the buyers and suppliers of African tourism.
The awards will cover 8 categories:
- Best African travel trade article – this can be a news or feature piece
- Best Cultural Article on an African destination – focusing on the people, art or places
- Best wildlife & nature feature on Africa in a national newspaper – both online or offline
- Best wildlife & nature feature on Africa in a national magazine – both online or offline
- Best blogger/ vlogger /influencer feature on Africa
- Self published or member published – an article either commissioned or written either by the members themselves & published on their own platform
- Best international article – online or offline
The judging panel will comprise senior members of the travel industry and established travel editors and journalists.