The first Avis-Atta Media Awards will celebrate excellence in the global travel media, through journalism that covers African destinations and African subjects. In short we intend to recognise creative and inspiring content that fits one of our 10 categories that are exclusive to Africa
Articles should entertain and educate readers on subjects such as the geography, flora, fauna and the culture of this great continent encouraging interest that will benefit the association’s members, the buyers and suppliers of African tourism.
The awards will cover 10 categories:
- Best news coverage of African tourism (Trade Press) - criterion based on balanced, informative and newsworthy coverage of tourism issues
- Best Cultural Article on an African destination
- Best wildlife feature on Africa in a national newspaper
- Best wildlife feature on Africa in a national magazine
- Best blogger/ vlogger on Africa
- Best online feature of Africa
- Best national newspaper coverage of Africa - based on submissions of coverage by national newspapers
- Best national magazine coverage of Africa - based on submissions of coverage by national magazines
- Best feature on African environment/conservation issues - based on submissions of coverage by national newspapers and magazines
- Special Award: contribution to understanding African tourism - criterion based on newspaper, magazine, radio, television or online platforms
The judging panel will comprise senior members of the travel industry and established travel editors and journalists.